Ever wondered just how rich the richest world leaders
really are? To put it in perspective, President Obama may be worth several million dollars, but he does not even come close to some of contemporaries.
1) Vladimir Putin, President of Russia - Worth: $40 Billion
2) Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand- Worth: $30 Billion
3) Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei- Worth: $20 Billion
4) Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia- Worth: $18 Billion
5) Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE- Worth: $15 Billion
6) Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Emir of Dubai- Worth: $14 Billion
7) Kim Jong-un, Supreme Leader of North Korea- Worth: $5 Billion
8) Hans-Adam II, Prince of Liechstenstein- Worth: $5 Billion
9) Mohammed VI, King of Morocco- Worth: $2.5 Billion
10) Sebastian Pinera, President of Chile- Worth: $2.5 Billion
11) Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of Qatar- Worth: $2 Billion
12) Sonia Gandhi, President of India’s INC- Worth: $2 Billion
13) Albert II, Prince of Monaco- Worth: $1 Billion
14) Qaboos bin Said, Sultan of Oman- Worth: $700 Million
15) Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of Equatorial Guinea- Worth: $600 Million
16) Bashar Al-Assad, President of Syria- Worth: $550 Million
17) Ilham Aliyev, President of Azerbaijan - Worth: $500 Million
18) Elizabeth II, Queen of England- Worth: $400 Million to 500 Million
19) Sabah IV Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Sheikh of Kuwait- Worth: $400 Million
20) Mswati III, King of Swaziland- Worth: $100 Million
Please note Bashar Al-Assad’s position on this list.
For those following the FIFA/World Cup news out of Qatar, note Hamad bin Halifa Al Thani’s position.
And, of course, my favorite dictator and despot, Vladimir Putin, holding the top spot. Former Lt. Colonel of the KGB, now ruler of Russia for life. That’s not inherited wealth, and it sure as hell isn’t earned.