Since this announcement, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about whether or not I’m involved in the show, and whether or not it’s drawing from or inspired by the work Ed, Michael, and I did on Gotham Central for DC Comics.
I offer the following answers:
- I was as surprised and delighted as everyone to hear they were making a “young Gordon” cop show.
- As far as I know, this has nothing to do with Gotham Central.
- If it did have anything to do with Gotham Central, that wouldn’t matter, because DC owns the rights and the characters, as they should. This was work-for-hire, something all of us knew at the start.
- I have not been contacted by anyone involved.
- I would be delighted to be contacted by anyone involved ;)
- I wish FOX and DC Entertainment success with the show.
That’s it. No drama, no trauma.
Looking forward to seeing it.